Security & Event Staff Positions
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Guest Service Manager
ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS: Yes
This position is responsible for assisting the Sr. Guest Services Manager(SGSM) in managing the Guest Services Department of the Orlando Venues, including overseeing the Guest Services staff and leading them to exceed expectations of service and safety for every guest, promoter, sponsor, vendor and event participant.
Essential functions of the job are denoted by an asterisk (*). Other duties may also be assigned. Please note that the essential functions may vary depending on department size, organizational structure and/or geographic location. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job. The incumbent:
- Assist SGRM and the Business Operations Manager in management and on-boarding of new staff members
- Oversee the maintenance of the GS Radios and the distribution of radios, scanners and ISS Devices
- Work with the SGSM and Interns to prepare materials for event day supervisors for all events at both Amway Center and Camping World Stadium
- Work with SGSM to represent Guest Services Management Team and supervise event-day operations at all Amway Center and Camping World Stadium Events.
- Serve as the GS Lead for days with conflicting events within the Orlando Venues
- Manage Guest Services Wardrobe staff and oversee wardrobe inventories including distribution, supplies and re-ordering.
- Manage time processing including payroll and billing when acting as the Guest Services Manager for a designated event.
- Develop and maintain Guest Services staff manuals and event-day information tools.
- Work with the Guest Services Interns to dissect all the information following an event (i.e. Customer complaints, facility work orders/repairs, Human Resource paperwork)
- Work with TicketMaster and the Venues regarding scanning equipment.
- Game-day issues, scanner repairs and updates and integrating new phone app for iPads
- Along with the SGSM, evaluate Legendary Playmaker data and EPI’s on an monthly basis (Including report cards detailing call offs, late arrivals, counseling notes, etc.)
- Coordination, distribution and training of game day staff on ISS devices
- Establish protocol for these devices to maximize utilization
- Storage, maintenance and upkeep of equipment
- Coordination and Communication of Guest Services during an event creating “Meaningful Experiences” with the Guest Services Intern
- Assist SGSM in annual budget development
- Understand all Andy Frain Services policies, and procedures. Administer as needed
- At the direction of the Sr. Manager, intervenes, when necessary, in resolving personnel problems and guides counseling of Supervisors and Staff involving the Orlando Venues and other Special events.
- Works closely with the Sr. Manager and the Business Services Department to ensure the efficient, effective and compliant operations of all Accounts within the Operational Area of the Orlando Venues.
- Proactively identifies risks to employees and company assets (buildings, equipment, etc.). Plays a central role in ensuring a safe, healthy and secure workplace.
- Must be prepared to act as the Business Services Manager as needed in their absence.
- Responsible for orientation and guides staff in strengthening competencies and meeting client needs.
- Build Staffing requirements in ETime prior to pre-established deadlines.
- Staff all available staff need when building positions
- Will be an effective member of and lead project teams.
- Acts as readily available resource to client(s) Staff and Supervisors in the area of operations.
- Meets regularly with client(s) to proactively address security, emergency and safety matters.
- Submits equipment and supply written requests to Business Manager, 30 days prior to needed equipment
- Responds in a timely manner to all email and verbal communications.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Works in conjunction with other management to ensure staffing is distributed equally among sites.
- Support other departments or offsite locations as assigned by the Operations Manager.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE PERFORMED AT HIGHEST LEVEL:
- Problem Solving
- Technical Skills
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication
- Cost Consciousness
- Organizational Support
In accordance with applicable Andy Frain Services policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervises while working at the Orlando Venues:
- Head Ushers
- Usher Supervisors
- Ticket Taker Supervisors
- Ticket Takers
- And others as assigned
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in sports/entertainment management or business
- 3 years or more of Guest and event services experience in a stadium or arena management, sports and entertainment facility or other hospitality-oriented business such as theme parks, hotels or airlines required
- Ability to obtain FEMA Certification in 100b, 200b, 700a, 800b, 901 and also IAVM Training Crowd Manager.
- Ability and willingness to work an event-driven schedule including weekends, evenings and some holiday hours
- Experience in a high-volume, service driven environment
- Ability to speak in front of audiences ranging from less than 10 to 600+ people
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations
- Strong leadership and personnel management experience with the ability to coach, mentor and
- motivate a diverse workforce
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and seek proactive solutions to problems and situations before
- and/or after they arise with little or no supervision.
- Proficient in the operation various PC applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- A highly developed attention to detail in producing accurate materials and reports
- Proven professional, tactful and diplomatic communication style
- Must be well organized and able to handle multiple projects at one time
- Knowledge of accounting and finance functions; experience with budget oversight
- Ability to effectively interact with guests, visitors and staff at all levels
- Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State OSHA regulations, including fire and safety
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers. Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment.
Travels as required to meet operational needs.
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
This description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor the specific duties of any one incumbent. Andy Frain Services reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the Company’s sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please describe your sports/entertainment/hospitality experience?
2. Please describe your management experience.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ